“You’ll feel good knowing your child is having fun and learning throughout the year at Country Acres Child Development Center”.
School Age – Pinnacle Curriculum is a developmentally appropriate, easy-to-use program that is based on current developmental and brain research. It provides center-based, hands-on learning activities to promote the skills development in language and literacy, fine and gross motor, problem-solving, social/emotional skills, science and sensory, creative arts, mathematics, dramatic play, music, and outdoor play. The activities meet learning objectives, promoting exploration and experimentation through materials and activities in the classroom. the program materials provide a detailed curriculum guide.
School Age Program– We recognize that school age children need a special place to kick back and relax after a busy day at school. We provide active and quiet play so that they can unwind, do homework, and enjoy hanging out with their friends.
Frog Street Curriculum
Infants – We provide a warm, nurturing environment for our infants. We think the Country Acres CDC Nursery is “the next best thing to a mother’s love”.
Baby Sign Language is taught to our infants. This is a truly amazing program to help us communicate with our babies. It has been known for a long time that infants comprehend language long before they can verbally communicate with us.
Baby Sign Language teaches them movements with words to help them let us know what their needs and feelings are.
Frog Street Infant is a comprehensive program that optimizes key windows of opportunity to build strong foundations for little ones ages 0-18 months. Based on the latest early brain development research, this program offers easy-to-use activities emphasizing all developmental domains (language, cognitive, physical, social and emotional, approaches toward learning) featuring Dr. Becky Bailey’s Conscious Discipline®.
Frog Street Infant is aligned to Head Start School Readiness Goals for Infants and offers complete support to equip caregivers to optimize the growth and development of the children in their care.
Designed around the latest scientific early brain development research, this year-round program focuses on enhancing the simple joy of childhood while equipping caregivers to nurture curiosity through exploration. Frog Street Toddler, created by Dr. Pam Schiller, incorporates Dr. Becky Bailey’s Conscious Discipline® and includes 52 weeks of activity choices specifically created for children ages 18-36 months. Frog Street Toddler offers:
• Activity choices organized around five developmental domains
• Differentiated instruction options to meet the needs of all learners
• Easy infusion into daily routines, such as diaper changing, transitions and outdoor play
• Designed with intention and purpose to move children forward in their development
Preschool- 3 years- The cognitive, physical and social skills of most rapidly developing three-year-olds are significantly different from other ages, according to early childhood brain research. Despite these differences, three-year-olds have been combined with either younger or older children in traditional classrooms, due to the lack of developmentally appropriate instruction.
Recognizing this gap, Frog Street has announced the launch of the first-ever comprehensive curriculum for three-year-olds!
Frog Street Threes provides intentional instruction in key areas of development so children ages 36-48 months can effectively continue on the path to kindergarten readiness. Key components include:
- Easy-to-use activities developed around early brain development research.
- Well-rounded scope of activities that address all developmental domains.
- Intentional instruction that optimizes key windows of opportunity for growth and development.
- Social and emotional emphasis featuring Dr. Becky Bailey’s Conscious Discipline®.
Frog Street Pre-K (FSPK) is a high quality, research-based curriculum organized into ten skills domains that support integration of curriculum and builds connections between and among all disciplines.
Highlights include innovations to produce measurable gains in student achievement:
- The authorship team of FSPK brings a wealth of expertise in the field of early childhood classroom experience, social and emotional intelligence, brain development, literacy, second language learning, STEM practices and cultural sensitivity to the instruction and materials in the curriculum. Led by senior author, Dr. Pam Schiller, the curriculum integrates content and embeds current research based best practices through instructional strategies.
- Another innovation is the inclusion of Conscious Discipline® strategies to support social and emotional intelligence and, in turn, cognitive performance. FSPK is the sole curriculum integrating this proven program into the daily instruction.
- Differentiated learning strategies and materials for a full range of learners include grouping strategies and scaffolding. Adaptations for Young Learners Teacher Guide, exclusive to FSPK, is an additional teacher guide targeting literacy, math, and integrated learning centers for learners not ready for the four year old program.
- Instruction in FSPK supports multicultural relevancy with materials and resources for languages other than Spanish. Dr. Alma Flor Ada, senior author, includes the importance of developing the home language, acquiring literacy naturally and focuses on cultural sensitivity throughout the curriculum.
- English Language Learner instruction in FSPK incorporates research in second language acquisition with classroom strategies for the Natural Approach, Total Physical Approach and Cooperative Learning. Materials and resources include pronunciation keys for five languages, full color photographs and strategies at point of use for whole group, small group and learning center activities.
- FSPK features distinct home/school/community connections linked to thematic units and the scope and sequence. Dr. Patricia Edwards, author and past IRA President, contributed research-based best practices on family involvement in the curriculum. Family Connections resources are available for print or online.
- Innovative approaches in FSPK incorporate current research based instruction for literacy included in the National Early Literacy Panel and Beyond, 2013. In addition, the instructional models in FSPK target strategies to ensure long term memory, alertness, and information processing based on brain science research. FSPK also incorporates STEM education, an approach to teaching and learning that integrates the content and skills of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- FSPK provides innovative technology for students with Frog Street Pre-K Interactive Software which contains over 100 Spanish and English activities in phonological awareness, alphabet knowledge, written expression, listening comprehension, vocabulary development and math skills and concepts. Software activities align with weekly instruction for sustained practice of skills. Learning extends to the home with eBooks of all the literature titles in FSPK.
- Innovative technology for teachers offers online resources which include interactive lesson planning, teacher guides and eBooks. The FSPK Digital Online Library guides instruction and is easily accessible from computers, tablets, and smartphones.
Frog Street Press, Inc. is focused on high quality instruction and materials in the field of early childhood. Frog Street Pre-K was developed by early childhood experts in every domain of development to create an intentional and integrated curriculum.
Summer Camp is for ages Toddlers – School Age (12 years). Each age group has their own “themes” calendar. School age children (beginning 1st grade) also receive a field trip calendar for each month of the summer. During the summer months we pack lots of learning experiences into our Summer Camp to ensure learning continues year round. Field trips, movies, skating, bowling, swimming and other special activities are also incorporated into our curriculum.